Saturday 9 June 2007

first post!

Hello everyone!
Well, I have managed to set up the blog for the knit group!
We had a great trip out to the Natural Dye Studio at Hollesley today. Sharon took loads of photos cos my camera ran out of batteries! so they will follow later.
Amanda who owns the studio showed us dyeing which was very interesting. I thought it would take a long time to dye wool but it was very quick.
Her shop was filled with lovely squishy things and we all spent loads. She had such a lovely range of colours we had a hard time choosing what to buy!

I am sure we will do some more group outings later in the summer as this one went very well

2 comments:

Anne said...

Great to see the blog working Lois!

potty67 said...

Lovely to see you all in the photos, wasn't til I saw Lois's bump I realised it's been so long since I've managed to get along on a Thursday.
But this module finishes next month exam on the 4th July so then I'll be free again on Thursdays (until we start the next module in the autumn!!)
The visit to NDS looked lovely, I've seen her at Rougham craft fair and both me & mum bought yarn from her. Really nice lady and at the craft shows her OH sits there knitting too (Clive you're not alone). If I can remember will take a photo of the shawl my mum's made from NDS yarn, it beautiful, but used loads so not cheap.
Can't wait for the next outing - please don't make it before July 4th as I'll be torn between yucky revision and lovely yarn again !!